Sinister: the saga of the 358

Ruth ruthball at xxx.com
Sun May 30 21:36:33 BST 2004

just one more example of how stupid a person can
get... but i had had a stressful day!

9:00 GCSE IT(short course) exam. the questions were
something along the lines of "would it be better for
the company to use a computer or a box with the word
computer written on it? give three reasons for your
answer" and i really felt like there hadnt been much
point getting up for it.

10:30 finally get let out of IT exam after finishing
it in the first half hour

(some more stuff which isnt very interesting)

4:45 have to catch a train in the rain for my piano
lesson which will arrive and hour early

5:00 the train actually arrives... im soaking wet

5:30 i finally reach my lesson (jazz piano if youre
interested. i switched form classical a couple of
months ago and its great)... which doesnt start for
another half hour... i sit in the shop and drip

6:30 i leave the shop and have to run to get to the
train on time

6:40 i get to the station on time but the train
doesnt, a scary old man sits down next to me and
insists on telling me about his freind who was a
ballerina but her choreographer kept telling her she
was fat and she stopped eating an the killed herself.
i could have walked away from him... but that would
have involved standing in the rain.

7:00 the train finally arrives. after getting home i
have just enough time to change before going to get
the bus. i was supposed to meet my freinds at half
seven

7:30 i get to the bus stop to see a bus pulling up.
hooray!! a bus! i run for the bus and get on with out
checking the number. when i see the sign saying
"welcome to darbyshire" i begin to wonder if it was
the wrong bus...

7:45 it was definately the wrong bus. im in new mills
and theres a large gang of scallies loudly asking the
girls behind me if theyre virgins and telling everyone
how the country is rubbish and that its better where
they live on one of the council estates in manchester.
at this point the best thing to do is ride the bus all
the way round and back again

8:00 we reach the end of the line. hayfield! and start
going back.

8:30 i get back to marple, nearly go home but finally
decide that since the place doesnt close till 10 i can
at least turn up, see my freinds and apologise for not
turning up at half seven.

8:55 the right bus turns up

9:10 i arrive in romily but thanks to my freinds
sketchy instructions cant find the place and have to
wait half an hour for the bus home...

total time on buses - and hour and a quater

total time waiting at bus stops - an hour

sooo... that was a fun night but i should probably
give you a proper update too. ive done 2 of my 14 gcse
papers, my art display is up and has been marked but
most importantly i have officially left school!!!

we when to first lesson the day we left and then
straight to the leavers assembly. the two bands our
year have managed to form both played (rodine
(www.rodine.co.uk) and homeless joe (who are much
better than rodine thanks to mikes actual talent but
dont have a website)). the dance class did a couple of
dances involving as little clothing as possible and
some of the guys did a strip (ripping off their boxers
to reveal.... another pair of boxers!!) but the actual
amusing part was all the teachers attempting to do the
chacha slide.

next the foam fight... it kicked ass! noone brought
hair removal foam instead of shaving foam like they
did last year thank god and i ended up with my hair
stuck up like a troll doll... and looking a bit like
all the non-romantic leads at the end of ghostbusters.
my personal mission was to foam everyone who was only
watching and not joining in. i got five of them!

and then the prom! limo et al. well ok... limo to the
school and then coach full of drunken skallies loudly
listing everone they know who isnt a virgin the rest
of the way. but we did get a wolf whistle when we were
waving out of the limo... it was from an eight year
old but whos counting? rodine arrived in a 4x4 limo..
someone arrived on a harley davidson (riding pillion)
and everyone looked spectacular.

the actual prom was like a primary school disco but
with big tables. the music was all anoying so called
r&b but after half an hour of complaining ashleys
campaign to make me enjoy myself succeeded and i was
dancing away. i was the first to take off my shoes
(very painful 4 inch stillettos) and then everyone
else started to take theirs off too. we even got a
little break dancing circle going when they played run
dmc... a lot of guys trying to do head spins and
falling over :) very funny! i discovered the guy i
liked is a reeeealy bad dancer but i danced with him
anyway and i spent the last dance in a giant line that
was like a sideways conga... if that makes any sense
to anyone...

so thats about it now i get a week off before my exams
start properly so i probably wont have anything to say
for a while (i can hear that sigh of relief) as long
as i dont get the wrong train and end up in scotland!

=====
RUTH