Sinister: feeling unimaginative

Feather Boa feather_boa at xxx.com
Sun Nov 7 20:40:17 GMT 2004

dear sinister,
like mr moore, i also know where i will be on the two nights of chickfactor
@ bush hall.  there is a reason for this, as some of you know, i work there
(bh not chickfactor, sigh).  the bonus of this is, of course i get to see
you when you turn up there and prolly tick you off some kind of list.

we've had more than our fair share of b&s related gigs - camera
obscura/trashcan sinatras being the one that really sticks in my mind,
because it was the first time i was on the door, and it felt like about
three quarters of the attendees were people i knew through sinister.

of course it's not all fun and games.  this weekend there was a uriah heep
convention.  uriah heep! it featured the band demanding copious amounts of,
er, red wine.  could have definitely been worse.

i stayed up and watched the 12:34 thingy (i'm underemployed at the moment
and can just about afford to spend most of my day asleep).  i found it
strangely moving.  there were no actual what you might call shots of struan,
the camera lingered on the view out of a train window going from (i assume)
glasgow to london.  nonetheless it was interesting to hear what he had to
say about music and his favourite songs.

i saw him in a restaurant in brighton, oooh, ages ago.  it came as some
surprise to walk up from the toilets and see his face.  i spent the rest of
the meal all a-quiver, over-excited and slightly jittery like i'd drunk too
much coffee.

post-student life is treating me fairly well, i have at least got my masters
now (dissertation title: 'music journalism and the weblog phenomenon', i was
going to put you in the acknowledgements, but decided not to put any in
after all).  i regretted using the word phenomenon when i came to have it
bound - £2 it cost me to have that printed on two copies.  i could have just
called it 'music journalism and the weblog' and saved my money.  but i
wasn't thinking of frugality when i named it.

i am pretty bored though - daytime telly is only interesting for so long.
i'm considering going on work experience again, but i find it somewhat soul
destroying.

i cried quite a lot about jp.  i thought about the night described here
[http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200106/msg00261.html], and a
hundred other such nights, and i was horribly sad.

for a long time i had sinisterine's block, it's like writer's block but
subtly different (in a freudian slip, i wrote that it was like writer's
blog, which of course is the real reason for my recent silence).

let this be an end to it.
pip pip
fb