Sinister: Jowls

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Tue Nov 9 15:53:11 GMT 2004

Sunday evening, I sat on the stairs, eating a pomegranate with a spoon, an
eye for Monarch of the Glen and an ear for my sister who was on the phone.
We discussed allotments, the rules of bridge, and the difficulty of finding
bridge doubles in the borough of Ealing. "You know our problem, Robin, is
that we still have to get used to the idea that it simply isn't the Nineteen
Twenties any more," she said. "That's dangerous talk," I answered.

I am currently reading "Three Men In A Boat", which I am enjoying very much,
and I wonder why I haven't thought of reading it before. To improve my
reading experience, I am reading it in the voice of Richard Briers. (Or is
it Sir Richard Briers? I'm not sure. Surely he must be a Sir by now?)
Monarch of the Glen really isn't the same without Richard Briers, is it?
They seem to replace the whole cast every now and again, hoping that no one
will notice. My mum usually doesn't. I am not sure if I like Tom Baker very
much, even if he is Doctor Who, I just reckon you can't trust a man with so
many jowls.

Robin x