Sinister: Ever wondered how long Isobel's hair is these days?

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Tue Nov 16 09:36:24 GMT 2004

Dear Sinister

Peter Miller said I should write to you and who am I to refuse?

I’d been feeling a bit under the weather all weekend, but by Sunday night
I was ready for some gentle fun so I went to Glasgow’s only (as far as I’m
aware) purveyor of Sam Smith’s famous brewed drink products, Mono, where
the other big attraction was singist Ally Kerr, and his terrific axe man
Mr Chris Leonard.  They were very good, but their set was too short.  But
they were on first, so that’s the way of things.  The next bloke was a bit
dull, although he did do some whistling as well as singing, but I decided
it best to spend the time browsing in hardman Stephen Pastel’s recorde
shoppe.

I almost went home before the third band but gosh, I’m glad I didn’t!  Do
you know who got up onstage?  That bootylicious headscarf-wearer, Miss
Isobel Campbell herself!  Blimey, I haven’t seen her in ages, despite
living in the same city.  She was wearing an utterly gorgeous pair of
black knee high boots, a slightly mumsy denim skirt and a black polo neck
that was a bit short so her tummy poked out.  I’m still trying to decide
if this was a deliberate, wanton display of flesh, or if she didn’t
realise and might be shocked to discover that her navel was on show.  The
other thing I noticed about her was how long her hair was – half way down
her back, in fact.  Other than that, she was quite the same as I remember
her – eyeliner, asthmatic hamster voice, blah blah.

The band she sang two songs with was called the Green Peppers.  It’s a
shame none of the support bands was called the Red Tomatoes.  I bet people
say that to them all the time.  Nobody in the audience looked like Ainsley
Herriott either, but one chap did bear a strong resemblance to Dominik
Diamond of Gamesmaster fame.  It WAS Dominik Diamond of Gamesmaster fame!
What a celeb-packed night out it was.

The next morning, I got up at 6.30am and went to work.

FIN

=====
The one, the only Glasgow Indie List!