Sinister: Sinister Christmas Present Exchange: Deadline Tuesday November 30th

grainne lynch g.lynch at xxx.com
Tue Nov 23 21:57:01 GMT 2004

Hello boys and girls,

I am here to announce the Sinister Christmas Present Exchange! Usually the lovely Laura Llew does this, or she has for the last 3 or 4 years, but she's very kindly given me a turn this year. It's my first time, so fingers crossed that it all goes well!

For people who know all about the Exchange, if you want to take part send me - g.lynch at mailcity.com - all your information before November 30th, which is next Tuesday. And I will get back to you with your exchange partners by Dec 3rd.

Send me;
*Your Name
*Your Email Address
*Your Full Address (of where you will be at Christmas time)
* The number of presents you would like to send out (since it will correspond with the presents you will receive)
* Whether you have a preference of sending to someone inside your country or not, since foreign postage can be expensive. If geography makes no difference, then there's no need to mention anything. However, please note that this only works if you live in a place where there will most likely be lots of other Sinisters. I hate to break your heart but you're probably the only one on here in Antarctica.
*Please, please, please put "Sinister Christmas Present Exchange" (or something to that effect) in the subject line. It will make everything so much easier!

As soon as I get your information, I will send an e-mail back to you so you know that you been added to the exchange. If you don't get an e-mail back from me, you'll know something has gone wrong and you need to send it again.

For those that are new to the Sinister Christmas Present Exchange (though the name is pretty self-explanatory!):

1. This is just for those who wish to participate. It is by no means required nor are there any requirements - meaning you can still be in the nursery, only flit around in #sinister, or be embittered and wasting away in ILX all the time and have just in a moment of nostalgia and dementia tainted haze have wandered back to your ole' stomping ground.
However, only sign up if you intend to participate. If you sign up and don't send anything, there will be some very sad Sinister types on Christmas morning, and we don't want that.

2. You don't have to celebrate Christmas to take part. Everybody is welcome.

3. It's up to you want kind of gift you send, it can be something you've made, a favourite book or the Llew's favourite chocolate-covered boy. According to Laura's e-mail, the only rule is "As long as it adheres to the postal code and doesn't involve bodily fluids, I think we'll all be happy". I remember putting a lot of glitter on my presents one year, which was vaguely encouraged by Miss Maddie Minx and I think there is still little pieces of glitter on my bedroom floor. So, I wouldn't really recommend that, although it was fun! I think I left glittery foot-prints through out the house.

So to recap - the Exchange is open to everyone, you can send anything except bodily fluids and don't sign up if you don't think you will be able to get a present in the post in time for Christmas.

Deadline is November 30th and I will have you all partnered up soon after that. I've never done this before, I don't know how long it will take, but everyone will get a e-mail telling them who they are sending gifts to by Dec 3rd.

I think that's it. Email me if you have any questions.
Grainne.

PS It's been so long since I emailed Sinister that I couldn't remember the address!