Sinister: Johnny Vaughn, David (Gray)

kenneth.chu at xxx.org kenneth.chu at xxx.org
Thu Nov 25 15:52:25 GMT 2004

Hello my favourite tins of luncheon meat,

Portable mp3 players are interesting things, before these things existed,
going out is a sometimes a bit of a struggle when you want to figure out
what music you wanted to listen to.

Last February, I missed the flight for my sister's wedding for the most
stupid reasons ever that was I took too long making the most kick ass ever
mixed tape for my plane journey.  I was so proud of myself on the Tube to
the airport, but boy didn't I feel stupid when they told me I was too late
to board my flight!

Nowadays it's different - you can practically carry all of your records with
you, and the whole psychology of the thing had changed - before you had to
carefully pick out a few mixed CDs/albums that you can take with you, and
you made sure that they were your most favouritest CDs because you're going
to be stuck with it for hours.  And you end up listening to the same few
albums all the time, or all the new stuff.

Now it's all changed, with your whole life's music on shuffle, going to work
everyday is like a history lesson on your life, of you growing up.  It's
weird.  The other morning, Jonathan David came on the iPod, and an
unconscious grin appeared in my reflection on the bus window.  Then I
remembered the same grin three years ago, at the Sinister Hotel in Glasgow
watching the new Jonathan David video with a bunch of folks, having just got
back from seeing B+S for the first time, right after finding out that my
degree results was as great as I had hoped.

I got off the bus and I couldn't help running in beat with the piano, step
step stepstepstep step step stepstepstep.  Going up the stairs on the Tube
used to be like this, running up, in time with music, getting to the top and
running out of breath but feeling better for it.  What a great feeling.

I was still late for work.  But who cares.

I'm joining the gym next month.

-----------------

Speaking of sports, well, "sports", if you have been watching the Snooker UK
Championships you may have noticed that David Gray has not merely entered
but is now through to the semi finals!!  What on earth is going on.  Ian
McCulloch and NEIL ROBERTSON (http://www.neilrobertson.net) really need to
catch up.

And more "sports", and nostalgia of 3 years ago.  Three years ago was also
the first year that International Sinister Bowling day, was held, you know.
You should all go bowling on the last weekend of the year (i.e. xmas
weekend)!  So how about it?

Do people in London still read this bitch?  Wanna come play?

Bowl Selecta,
Ken

This email is confidential and intended solely for the person or entity to whom it is addressed.  If this email was not intended for you please notify the UCLH Mail Administrator at mail.administrator at uclh.org.
This footnote confirms that the email and attachments contained no viruses when they left UCLH.