Sinister: what she said (and what they said, too)

Bruno Gomes pdlngsp at xxx.pt
Fri Nov 26 17:09:00 GMT 2004

hi all!

[sorry for the lack of "intro" to this post, but all i want to say is:]

astrid:

"Hmmm... I'll be performing live for the first time on December 17th, at a
school concert so rock n rawl debauchery it ain't, but that's fine by me.
 I'd get nervous by that kind of scene. Now it's just 300 people where about
 90% think J.Lo/Fiddy cent is da shit. So, lord have mercy, there i'll be
 with my guitar. But still."

10% is more than enough, so go for it!

stefano:

"Precisely BAN INTERPOL! They had made a decent first album, which
actually put some of the basic fundaments of my moral in tatters,
but with this piece of crap they have shown what I had always more then
reasonable suspected, horrid tasteless 'follow the way' wannabe'idiekinds'"

c'mon... it's not that bad! imho it's even more "balanced" than their first
(i.e. turn on the bright lights is 8 & 80 and antics is 44 all the way -
"8", being the worse tracks; "80", the best)

ken:

"Nowadays it's different - you can practically carry all of your records
with you, and the whole psychology of the thing had changed - before you had
to carefully pick out a few mixed CDs/albums that you can take with you, and
you made sure that they were your most favouritest CDs because you're
going to be stuck with it for hours. And you end up listening to the same
few albums all the time, or all the new stuff."

different, but for worse! the old days were more... er... poetic? you had to
take care of those things, instead of just throwing them all into the "bag"
in some sort of wham bam thank you m'am! same goes for getting music in the
interweb and forgetting about the record stores... (but to be honest, i
admit it's nice to put the b&s discography on shuffle in my minidisc!)

robyn:

"Did I ever mention that I was born in 1975? Yes, That Song just came
on randomly. I'm certain I was happy then, on and off. But what that
also means is that I'm turning 30 in January!"

and you should be cos nice people were born in 1975, like the boy geddes,
isn't it? (who else?)

anyways... call me dumb, but... what song is that? (the connells?)

ps - yes i know: i'm the last one around here to have seen the fans only
dvd, but boy! did it make me happy! my favourite spot is the i could be
dreaming video (which was new to me, obviously), especially when struan is
holding the puppet (can we call it that?) and the dancing parts (chris and,
later, stuart d with isobel).

[now playing on the radio: snow patrol.]