Sinister: farewells

stacey dahling dahling007 at xxx.com
Fri Oct 1 18:34:24 BST 2004

I was just perusing my favourite media site desperately seeking jobs, when I
spotted this and thought of all of you:

"Get a bunch of journalists in a room and the chat can be deafening.
Certainly, there was plenty animated conversation going on at the leaving
party for former Sunday Herald editor, Andrew Jaspan, on his way to edit The
Age newspaper in Australia.
Stuart Murdoch and another Belle&Sebastianer had been asked to play a
two-song acoustic set. But the noisy hack crowd were for none of it.
Eventually, after on-stage pleas from former business ed, Kenny Kemp, the
crowd quietened enough for the band to play. But by the start of the second
song, the crowd were blethering so loudly, the pair simply walked off."

Aww poor Stu. But what was he doing playing a party??? I knew he was
friendly with folks at the newspaper, but who knew it was like that eh?
Hmmm...
And journalists! How rude!
Ha!
Ha ha ha

So yeah. I'm just bitter because I'm jobless and being forced to leave this
lovely lovely place to return to the pit of despair - a place with the
misleading name of Providence. Eeks!

I swear I am the unluckiest girl in the world. Just last week alone there
were two job rejections, one car vandalism and a FIRE! Even simple tasks,
like renewing my car tax, somehow turn into two-hour sagas involving long
hikes and pleading and tears. Why can't anything ever be simple eh?
I just tell myself it's all a big test, and that eventually I shall be
rewarded. I only wish it were sooner rather than later.

Anyway, I'm going to cut this short before it turns into a rambling mess. I
hope you all are well. And behaving.

*hugs*
stacey