Sinister: My favourite abbreviations

s.santabarbara at xxx.uk s.santabarbara at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 14 16:23:15 BST 2004

my favourite abbreviation is
CIDNP, pronounce kidnap, essentially, because is scary,
chemically induced dynamic nuclear polarisation.
Don't ask me what it is though!

I also like ZFS; ZPL, which is almost NPL; and FWHM...
all terribly entangling my tongue
and two of them contain the world zero, which is,
as far as in know almost universal
so zeo field splitting, alas national field splitting
can be a national coutryside protest; mh..and
zero phonon line; again with national phonon line, probably
involving the mobile phones owner {isn't it one of the most
useless device ever reached such a popularity, it might reflect
my presonal allergy to phone, but the mobile one is definitely
definitely surely qt the bottom in the list. well well, wait
a minute, not, the fake X-ray pen is, sorry. I have received 1 phone call
on the thing in the last 6 months, i haven't try to learn how to use
the pen in the last 18. which proves I'm scarily old, and my deskmate
at the lower higher school bough some dodgy magazine. actually i think he
did use to nick them from the newsagent}.
some people like to call it zero zero phonon line, which increases the number of
zeros, but not much than that. suspiciously you can have an estimate from
hole burning measurements. {however if i burn q hole in a mobile i doubt it
will work afterwards}.
full width at half maximun, hadly applicable units for humans as is
generally given in cm-1. but can i suggest it will be accepted as
a unified standards for defining the dress size, medium large
small extra small huge large are auite anbiguouse. if you noz they are
254876 cm-1 FWHM you would just need q ruller to knoz if it will fit you
or not, and avoid the very annoing practice of try on clotes, that is
why I don't buy them and still recicle the same stuff for the last
almost 18 years. which proves I havn't grown much since lower hi-school.
but, it is falling apart.

elastic and analistic scatter
salutoni
stefano