Sinister: Slinted and Enchanted

owen lowery o-lowery at xxx.com
Mon Oct 18 16:52:08 BST 2004

Well hello there

Big news of the week is that Slint are playing ATP, this
means that I need to go, therefore if anybody needs an
extra body to fill a chalet then drop me a mail and you can
have me (so to speak). I promise I'm clean, tend not to get
too drunk and my days as a legendary womanizer are probably
at an end.

Thanks to all the people who replied off list to my last
post (especailly the adorable girl with the coolest email
address around) it's really good to know that people do
read this stuff and bother to have an opinion about it. It
all got me thinking about Sinister which scared me a
bit 'cos I realized that I've been on here for over 5 years
now. In that time I've met loads of cool people from the
list (and even kissed a few of them), I've urinated next to
Stuart Murdoch on a night out with the sinisterines, I've
chatted in nonexistent spaces with foreign folk and I've
went to see lots of bands that I otherwise never would have
got to see.
When I first joined this list I kind of figured that
everyone here had been listening to the band far longer
than  me but now I feel like listening to them since 1996
probably makes me some sort of boring old fart who could
bang on about the good old days and how the list was so
much better then (it wasn't it was just different,
livelier, more volatile, less international). So I've spent
8 years loving B&S and 5 years loving Sinister and at some
point turned into a sad old git but what the hell, B&S
still have a strange appeal for me and even if I don't
think later albums have been lyrically as good as the first
two I still think they're pretty special.

Well time for me to get back to work
Thanks for listening (for all these years)
Owen

so much depends
upon

a red wheel