Sinister: I close my eyes....

KMitchell kristinssmitchell at xxx.uk
Mon Oct 18 21:03:10 BST 2004

...and wonder if this works.

So here I am again. I had this idea, with Sprouting Robin, to email sinister
more often. It never actually came to be, but nevermind. You still all
missed my birthday. As did the folk at work. I dunno. Not that it matters.

Much.

Robin emailed me and asked me to return to the fold of Sinister chat. I did,
after my initial request, but there was nobody there. As is so often the
case with Sinister chat. What's wrong? Said all you need to say, now? Surely
not.

So I am going to be in London on Wednesday, given I have decided that the
country's second favourite capital  will do fine as a nice place to go and
stretch my legs. And I'm going to be meeting up with some Bowlie types on
Wednesday evening, and thought, hey, why don't I invite my sinister lot
along too? I hope this time I might see Marianna.

So I'm sitting here, and I'm not afraid to tell you I've turned gothic for
the night. I'm practising for Hallowe'en. Unfortunately, there was little I
could do when the milkman came to the door, to get his weekly money, and I
just tried to hide my face, with little success.

"Goin' out somewhere?" he asked.
"Yeah" I lied.
"where?" he asked.
"um, Embra" I said.
"drinking?" he asked.
"maybe" I said. Gave him his money, and then after a prompt goodbye, I shut
the door. He looked startled at first, then amused, and had tried to keep
the conversation going (I think for his own sense of amusement if nothing
else) if it wasn't for my unusual desire not to continue talking.

Love
idles