Sinister: oh well, what the hell...

Hugo Johan <12813249 at xxx.za> Hugo Johan <12813249 at xxx.za>
Wed Sep 15 08:23:41 BST 2004

so... we're posting again? YAY (that's what i say)

and, disregarding the fact that i owe TONS of people (which should be taken to mean MANY people of probably average body-weight, rather than a few people with obesity-problems) personal e-mails, i can't resist rumbling off a quick post.
(why is "rumbling off" a good expression? 'COS I LIKE IT, that's why!)

oh, i've missed you, sinister! i know that goes without saying, but i always find it necessary to say that, and THEN to explain that it goes without saying.

so, my worst injury... when i was small, we had this really steep hill just a few blocks away from my house. my brother and i would take our BMX's (yeah!), circle up the hill from the back, which was longer, but less steep, then career down the steep part at breakneck pace (though, fortunately, as it turned out, this was an exaggeration!). one day, it seemed like a good idea to a) wear very slippery flip-flops while doing this and b) to start pedalling again about half-way down, which resulted in my foot slipping off the pedal and INTO THE SPOKES! not only did it almost rip my bigtoe off, but, as it made the frontwheel stop rather abruptly, the whole bike went end over end, throwing me off over theeeeeeeere.

and now it's time to break quickly, for some CONTENTS!
until recently, my only access to jonathan david was a (really excellent) live version, wondrously supplied by the shazz eckard (ta) as part of the S!I!N!I!S!T!E!R! XMAS EXCHANGE. i only got the actual single (and attendant) lyric sheet a few months back, and was very disappointed to find that stevie was in fact singing "being sent off to war" and not (as i had thought) "MINCING off to war" which i had thought was a particularly lovely lyric touch. oh well.

anyway, i miss you all. drop us all a line, tell us how you are!

love

JohaN

ps. eric - your grandfather wasn't ON A LEASH, was he? (gasp, shock, horror... wink)