Sinister: show them a picture of them sittin' on their stumps...

Jonathan Skinner jonathan.skinner at xxx.com
Fri Sep 17 01:47:21 BST 2004

so my dear dear sinister how are thee
i have just had a fantastic ( for the most part ) two weeks
state/canada side. it was nice, went to see fiery furnaces in toronto
and some poetry at a coffee place in NYC (ohh the joys of being
underage) the only downside was the obnoxious prick of an immigration
officer in toronto airport, que me "for the last fecking time i don't
want to live in your "democracy"" well that is what i meant when i
said "in all due respect, i have a life in europe that i am quite
happy with" , i find inverted comma's quite hard to do in real life, i
still can't get the finger movements quite right. and with the mood i
was in, it may have come out in a different way than would have been
appretiated by immigration
ok so, injury story,   i was five and on a
merry-go-round/roundabout/kids rotation toy, this happened in another
city , galway i think....anyway some big kids (gawd they must have
been ten or something)  came and changed the gentle pace of the
movement to a flash. i didn't really know what to do, so i did the
adult thing and let go. an even more mature moment was not putting my
hands out to break my fall. my nose did that for me.
so i spent the best part of that evening in a hospital with people
poking and prodding me. scared the bayjesus out of my parents , i just
enjoyed the attention for the next few days while the bruising was
still evident. for some reason i got loads of free icecream. the
downside was that i wrecked generations of kids fun after that. we
went back the next year when we were visiting friends and the
playground was still there , but alas they had put gravel over the
concrete and there wasn't enough friction to get any speed up.
as for feel-good song i think the sodastream one "undone"
"and you might find that all these certain trials are done
all these vials are drunk but you're still fine
and you arrived again so full fo courage and grace
all these memory days will still be mine"
anyway i must go and practice my affectations
health and wellbeing to all