Sinister: Have some respect

Ben Apps benapps at xxx.com
Mon Sep 20 02:26:30 BST 2004

Our Dahling Stacey pined:

as I spend most of my time perched high atop a hill,
>staring out the window at the hospital opposite, wondering if anyone nearby
>is dying, and what ever happened to the good ole days of sinister get
>togethers

....which reminded me that there WAS a good ole sinister get together a week
or so back on the hallowed brow of Primrose Hill NW3 (isn't that such a
Londoncentric thing, quoting a postal code!? SW19, E17 etc). The erstwhile
Mr Chu arranged a glorious early September day, so eight or so of us came
ambling along to discuss the various merits and demerits of the forthcoming
American presidential election, Oasis releasing a 10 year anniversary DVD
for Definitely Maybe, and the origins of station names on the Underground
such as Theydon Bois.  Football was played, beer was quaffed and
strawberries scoffed, and the scottish band were hardly mentioned.

Later we retired to a convenient Chalk Farm Inn to watch the English
football team give an abject lesson on how to throw away a two goal lead.
Those in attendance (for anyone keeping register were: The Pinefox, Mr
Kenneth PY Chu, Mrs Fruitloop-Apps, Lady Feather Boa, Asm Walton, Rachel
Sunnyset, Stout Robin, Paul 'Grizzly' Healy and myself.

I hope you're all in fine fettle.  If you ever find yourself passing through
Baker Street station look out for me and say hello (I'll be the one with my
roundel badge upside down ;-)   ).

Cheerio

Bapps