Sinister: London Elliott Smith tribute this Friday +stuff

jim taylor purpletrousers at xxx.com
Wed Sep 22 00:20:22 BST 2004

As promised a while back, the (London) Elliott Smith tribute show details

(sorry for the lack of notice)

as per  http://www.sweetadeline.net/london/

"The show will take place at University of London Union on Friday, 24
September 2004. Live music will run from seven thirty sharp to eleven pm.
Tickets can be purchased from ticketweb or the ULU box office - 0207 664
2000 or see ULU website for opening times."

full line up "with special guest to be announced" on the above link.

I'm actually going to be with family elsewhere on Friday, so I'm hoping that
the people that have put in loads of hard work making this happen are going
to get some support???!

If like me you can't make it but have the urge to allow a little more good
to come out of the dear greasy haired one's death, then you can donate a few
pennies online at http://www.kidsco.org.uk/donate.php  the charity that is
being supported in the UK. There is an official Elliott US charity, but it
seems to make sense to help out locally.

Content? erm, possibly the first artist to have supported B&S to have died?

and yet more content:

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to see Stefano aka 'My Dear Killer' of
this parish perform at the rather beautiful 'The Nick Drake Tribute
Gathering 2004' http://www.geocities.com/ndtg2004/

You'll be glad to hear the Stef did the sini-massive proud, it was odd to be
in the place Nick Drake sang as a choir boy and hosted his funeral.

erm I'm sure there's lots more I'm supposed to say...

sad I missed London picnic as was away on a retreat, good to see some of the
usual suspects got some fresh air.

hope you are all well & happy

big snogs

jim