Sinister: too wrapped up in dreams.. wake up!

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Wed Aug 17 15:12:35 BST 2005

Yeah, I'm on the indiepop list too and have been following the discussion.
It's been fun, although after a while you do pray for a list that has
Storytelling at the top...!

My six, for what it's worth, are as follows

1 Sinister
2 Tigermilk
3 Catastraphe
4 Fold
5 Arab Strap
6 Storytelling

It's a strange one. I have warmed to Electronic Renaissance slightly over
the years, but generally I tend to skip it if I'm playing Tigermilk. If ER
wasn't on there, then Tigermilk would be number one in my list. It's still a
terrific record, even with this weird, out of character song slap bang in
the middle of it. I do wonder if Stuart has any other faux-Field Mice
electronic songs from that period in the vaults somewhere. An album of those
would be...well, interesting!

Not long to go until the Sinister show now. Someone else on the indiepop
list mentioned that they'd never seen a B&S live show that included any
songs from Sinister. Well, next month should change all of that...!

I haven't read Paul's book, but that Felt mistake is a bit of a howler.
Shame. He's a good writer and I'm sure he's done a fine job - it's all too
easy to focus on mistakes like that, which a good editor should have picked
up on. In a parallel world where I had a bit more motivation, I might have
liked to have written that book. Or one like it at least.

Oddly enough I had "The World Is As Soft As Lace" with me at the last HDIF,
as I was going to play "I Don't Love Anyone" and I thought it would be a
nice touch. But I didn't get around to playing it, stupidly. I'll play it on
Friday instead...!

It feels funny typing on here, but it's nice to read Sinister posts again.
Something comforting about it.

Hope you're all well and enjoying the sunshine. Here in the UK, it's
sweltering. Our four days of summer are finally here...!