Sinister: Posting is the new lurking

The Cat's Pajamas the_cats_pajamas at xxx.com
Fri Aug 19 06:34:01 BST 2005

Hi all,

Well, if Stacey is going to post, I may as well.  I still owe her an
email to explain myself for not calling her back when she was in
Chicago last to visit, and should probably write that one first, but
that would require actual thought, whereas this email can be rifled
off without any effort on the part of my brain cells.  In my defense,
it was super bowl weekend, and I had a party planned, but that's
still no excuse for being rude.

The goldenrods around chicago are starting to bloom, which means that
summer is ending and soon I'll be able to huddle in front of my
computer in a sweater with plenty of time to write and tell stories
and recount the days as they slide by.  I woke up late this morning
and drove to work cursing my bad luck and horrible discipline and
listened to selected cuts of IYFS.  It made the drive almost
bearable, but didn't do anything to make me go to bed earlier so that
a similar situation could be avoided tomorrow.

So I think the subject line really says everything that needed to be
said here tonight.  No more lurking about thinking the longer you're
silent, the cooler you are.  We need posts, arguments, threads,
senseless poems, weekly haikus, witty puns in subject lines, and the
usual idiocy, depravity, lewdness, creativity, and all around
brilliance that made this list worth reading in the first place.  So
here's my meager contribution.  And if the rest of you don't write, I
just might post again tomorrow.  Then who will be sorry?  Eh?  Who
indeed!

Jason