Sinister: branching out... it's time for another sini tape tree!

stacey dahling dahling007 at xxx.com
Fri Aug 19 15:14:13 BST 2005

(apologies to those of you who already received this on digest. but due to a
cog in the sini machinery, it got very limited distribution...)

... kicking ass and taking names, that's me alright...
hello honey! how you doin? and hiya davey! welcome.. sorry about the
prolonged nursery stay, but now that you're out of nappies, join us at the
big kids table for cake and biscuits!
i'm so glad to see i spurred some activity, even with my embarassing html
fumble. oops
i haven't exactly been the model sini citizen lately either. i confess, i've
gone other to OTHER BOARDS. no, not bowlie. but other places. non music
related, in fact. shocking!
but i still have a soft spot for sinister, and i hate to see it die, so i'm
determined to revive!
i don't have a meticulous plan mapped out quite yet, but i'm working on it.
i do have plenty of time to scheme, however, since my (semi) new job allows
me hours perusing the interweb. and long mornings in front of the telly.
bless!
i've also moved house this summer, to a STUNNING old tenement flat on a
quiet street in glasgow's leafy west end. it's a very good street; it even
boasts a superstar in the form of mr murdoch hisself. ha! yeah, we're kinda
neighbours. no, i don't have him round for tea. tho maybe....
he's been too busy bumming around LA recording the NEW ALBUM anyway. i
should probably be more excited than i am. but maybe that's because i'm an
old hag, suspicious of this wacky new direction they're going in at the
moment. i heard some snippets of new stuff a few months ago, and was not
convinced. ah well...
that said, i have been spending an inordinate amount of time exploring mp3
blogs lately, and my new obsession is swedish music. it's glorious! jens
lekman, the chrysler, andrev bergstrom, speedmarket avenue... to name but a
few! i've been insatiable!
which got me to thinking...
how long has it been since we've had a sinister tape tree going? i think
it's time we get another one started! this time it would probably have to be
in CD format, i'm afraid, what with everyone using their ipods these days
and not their good old fashioned walkmans. it would be especially good if
the cds were filled with somewhat local music, so that us faraways could be
introduced to NEW SOUNDS. i volunteer to organise. anyone interested? if so,
email me. also, state if you have any posting preference. if you're a poor
working sod who can barely afford tea, nevermind international shipping
rates, let me know and i'll make sure the next person in the tree lives
close by.
i'll send a reply explaining the intricate details about how the whole thing
works. but basically, you just have to make ONE cd , and post it to one
person. in turn, you will receive a cd from another person. you'll have...
two weeks (sound ok?) to listen to the cd and copy it if you like. then you
send it along - to the same person you sent your original cd to. you're
always sending and receiving from the same person. make sense?
anyhoo... drop me a line if you're interested. or just to say HELLO! or if
you need travel advice of any sort, as i seem to have become a travel agent
on the side these days... hmmm.
and keep posting! or else....

- -stacey