Sinister: A journey of 12,000 miles

Ian Halliday ian.halliday at xxx.com
Mon Aug 22 20:26:34 BST 2005

You may remember me from a long time ago, when I occasionally posted
things here. It seemed strange to be one of so few B&S fans in New
Zealand, but I stumbled across the band. I was at school with Honey a
long, long, long time ago, and when I found out what he was up to, it
was natural to look into these musicians he was so excited about, and
I did that.
The music was magical in a way I hadn't come across since the days of
the Television Personalities. They could have been bigger than the
Beatles, but in fact this never happened.
At the end of June, my family and I left New Zealand to return to
England, which we left in 1990. This was largely for family reasons.
Our arrival back at Heathrow was not the brightest, being on the
morning of 7th July. After overcoming the shock of these events, we
have started to settle again into the life of the homeland, where one
of the most noticeable things is the soundtrack to life. The music
that is played in supermarkets, cafes, pubs, clubs and lifts in
Angleterre, while maybe not the music I would choose, is so much more
in tun with my inner self than the music played in supermarkets,
cafes, pubs, clubs and lifts in New Zealand. Is this just me, or is it
like that for everyone who returns home?

If you want a gmail invitation, don't pester Honey: he's got enough to
worry about. Pester me instead. I've got enough to worry about too,
but that's another story.

Ian
--
Ian W Halliday, BA Hons, AAIBF Snr, ATMG, CL
http://ringbark.livejournal.com