Sinister: i predict a picnic...i predict a picnic.

duke of harringay duke at xxx.uk
Mon Aug 22 22:29:42 BST 2005

Eight years? Good grief... it both feels like yesterday and a
lifetime ago all at once. But then this Pop life tend to be like
that, doesn't it? Sadly (well actually not sadly at all because i
shall be enjoying it greatly) on Saturday i will be taking tea with
my parents, whom i havent seen for far too long, and generally being
A Good Son (as opposed to the rather dreadful noisy son i am for the
other 364 days of the year). But on Sunday i will be leaping on the
train at Troon station and heading Glasgow-wards in order to attend
the rather marvellous looking Plan B all-day extravaganza at Mono. I
suggest that that all Sinisterines would heartily enjoy this day (and
indeed evening) out. People will be talking during the afternoon
about, oooh, oodles of indie things, and other people will be playing
records. Then in the evening Jens Lekman is playing! So we can all
swoon. Then  cheer. Then swoon some more. Then sing along. And swoon.
And cheer again. Oh, and did i mention swooning?

Anyway, I'LL be there, possibly selling magazines or being surly on
the door at some point, so please do come and point and say 'oh so
YOU'RE The Duke Of Harringay. I imagined you'd be so much more
debonair and handsome...' Sigh. So did I... so did I...  This will be
even funnier (okay, it will be mildly funny as opposed to hardly
worthy of raising a wry grin) if the person you say this to is not in
fact me... so, actually, i suggest everyone goes up to random people
(best keep it to blokes, i expect) and ask them if they are the Duke
Of Harringay. See what funny looks you get from the hipsters.

Well, i'll find it funny.

keep the faith, kids.

The Duke
xoxo