Sinister: i predict a picnic...i predict a picnic

Linda Kerr lulou at xxx.org
Mon Aug 22 22:37:55 BST 2005

Dear sinisterines

Well, I think a picnic is a great idea, for lots and lots of reasons...Honey is
telling me I should go, even though she can't, but I am a bit crap about
getting places and turning up at all, and me knee is playing up, and my back
isn't what it used to be, and as for my eyes...

actually speaking of my eyes, I was in an opticians rcently and by a tangental
leap the young whppersnapper of the optician and I got talking about Carey late
of this parish and of Camera Obscura..obviously puzzled by my acquaintance with
the young lady in question he asked if I was a musician. The temptation to give
voice to my alternative reality in which I am her out of the Delgados surged,
but I resisted.
Other lies less spectacular - maintaining the fiction of being Irish and
having visited Orkney - have caused enough trouble. So, I said primly that
I met her through a friend. And that friend is you, sinister.

I have enjoyed the lyrical posts of late summer, and the report from gigs and
of books, and the requests for reports of gigs and books. It's nice to see
sinister rippling again..

Honey and I have two new kittens, which I hope we can keep, as they are
invading the resident cat's happy home, but at the moment the five of us girls
are all piled up together listening to Echo and the Bunnymen - Honey is doing
sinister stuff and playing the music, Mitsou is chewing her paw, Scout (or
maybe we'll call her Frog) is dreaming of eating beetles, Splat is trying to
pretend we all don't exist and I am writing to you.

Take care.

Linda

PS Just read The Duke's email - Jens is swoonworthy - Katta sent us some
of his stuff and we like..