FW: Sinister: too wrapped up in dreams.. wake up!

Sarah J Clarke sarah.j.clarke at xxx.uk
Tue Aug 23 10:35:32 BST 2005

I shall try sending this again.

Re: BOOK
Reports back from my flatmate on said book yesterday night were "it's
disappointing". She promises a review on Freaky Trigger soon so keep
checking your browsers, fact fans! Having only briefly been custodian of
the book before handover to said flatmate, I can only talk of the book's
physicality - what springs to mind on first feel? Canvas and glue. Bah,
I prefer Dr Who novels.

Actually, wouldn't "Canvas and Glue" be a good song title? And I'm not
just saying that because I've taken to listening to "Concrete and Clay"
every morning. Not the cr0ss-dr3ssing LP by Kevin of course, but a
catchy little number from the olde 1960s which I recommend to you all.
And if you have the tweeny bopper version by Darren Bryne/Burn/Burne
WHATEVER then please can I have it? I only have the Unit 4+2 version
which am GOOD but it am no CIGAR.

Is the Indiepop list still running? I tried resubbing a couple of months
ago and no joy, also the archives appeared to be down, but if all
they're doing is talking about their favourite B&S albums in order then
that is NO DICE for me eh.

1. Sinister
2. Arab Strap
3. Tigreleche (2 and 3 = interchangeable)
4-infinity. The rest of the others which I have probably not heard.

My office is freezing today, I have had to borrow a jumper. Apparently,
outside is suffering a heatwave. A mail from my friend in WC1 speaks of
sweltering. It is as alien to me as the thought of Mickey's return to Dr
Who being anything but UTTERLY APPALLING ie VERY VERY ALIENG but not in
a GOOD WAY.

I am not going to any fvcking picnic in fvcking GLAS-GAY, thank you very
much for asking though.

Sarahxx