Sinister: the mariners revenge snog

Jonathan Skinner jonathan.skinner at xxx.com
Wed Aug 24 09:51:47 BST 2005

Greetings and salubrious salutations
my god i feel like i am greeting a friend who had disappeared into the
amazon (Which coincidentally happened earlier this). My inbox is
suddenly a flutter with sinister: emails which is nice. I have missed
it so. I have consoled myself over the last few months with bowlie
which is fine. Like Mr Gardiner, i just couldn't bring myself to
unsubscribe from the list, out of loyalty i suppose and also for fear
of missing out on a renaissance, which is a damn good thing. So the
list is 8 and britpop is 10, i'm suddenly feeling old.
It hit me when i was flicking on VH2 how old i actually am, i remember
buying country house on the same day that my brother bought roll with
it and listening to them both before admitting that i preferred oasis.
I hope all is well with everyone, i know we have lost one of our
numbers, and although i never met her i still have some of her list
emails from the old times....
  so...music....anyone catch devendra banhart and the hairy fairys on
this tour? it really did blow me away, the show defied any
expectations i had of him, we had the added bonus of donovan being
present at our show, but contrary to reports, he did not take to the
stage but according to the drummer he did get hideously drunk with
them and then tried to drive home, to which the merchandise girl
stopped him and crashed in one of their rooms..surreal? i'd say so
stay cool
jnthn