Sinister: has it been this long?

kevin jackflaps jackflaps at xxx.com
Thu Aug 25 00:42:10 BST 2005

When I was in school, there were test days where I would be the first
one to finish, but I was very self-conscious about waiting until
someone else turned in their paper before I turned in mine; the way I
figured, everyone notices the first person to pipe up, but nobody
notices the second.  Eventually I moved away for high school, and I
got to play cards after tests so of course I wanted to be the first
one out of the room (I failed a lot of math tests), but I suppose I
never completely got over that particular habit.  I'd been meaning to
write, in order to break the silence around here, but what if nobody
else spoke up in return?  Then it would be weird.

Sinister!  I had despaired of our paths crossing again, or whatever
the inter-net equivalent happens to be, and now it's like the old days
again with picnics and that sort of thing.  I even remember some of
the names of people who are writing, and it is good to hear from you
even though for the most part I have not gotten to know you very well.

I sort of remember my eighth birthday; I went bowling and had a party.
 It snowed that day; I remember being really excited about that
because it doesn't snow that much in November in Illinois.  Now I live
in The South where it doesn't snow at all.  Tragic!  In any event,
perhaps I will commemorate the list's eighth year with bowling, since
that's how I commemorated mine.  Or I will hang around the apartment
and play Dance Dance Revolution, because I can do that, too.  In any
event, I will definitely have a tiny Chapel Hill picnic, although it
might end up just being me and my flatmate and the stuffed firefox who
lives with us.

Other than all that, I've mostly spent this past year listening to the
Go! Team because they are awesome.  -kevin