Sinister: insert something witty here

Guðmundur Jóhannsson gummi at xxx.net
Thu Aug 25 17:49:24 BST 2005

Hello all!

How fun it is to come from a small summer vacation and see my beloved
sinister back with a bang. I havent been the activest of member, you
can even call me a lurker but I read almost everything that comes in
as it´s always fun to read what other people are doing and this is of
course better than working :)

This summer has been great, having a blast with my friends every
weekend and drinking myself senseless and partying until five or six
in the morning, which is the Viking Icelandic thing to do really when
having a good time. I got a big promotion at work early in the summer
so I don´t have to work weekends no more which is a blast so I can
watch my Premier League football with a hangover instead of missing
the games. After I got single again I have also thrown myself into
the musical indie pool and I think I have never listened to so much
new music like these last few months and my god there is so much good
stuff out there.

Iceland, being the lonely island it is in the Atlantic Ocean is
normally not getting any good concerts but there are one and one that
is fun to see. The promoters here mainly import old acts like Deep
Purple, Alice Cooper and Iron Maiden which I have no longing to see
as it´s both really expensive and I would rather spend my money on
flying cheap to Denmark or the UK to see some good concert instead.
The only good concert I have been to this summer was Antony and the
Johnsons which were fucking amazing. That voice just sends shivers to
do my spine every time and seeing him on stage just heightened the
experience more.

Fun things that have happened is that early this year I was voted
Iceland 4ths most sexiest man, something I am not proud of and I
smell foulplay as my company is a big one by Icelandic standards and
I think they had something to do with it and because of that the
production company of The Icelandic Bachelor have harassed me more
than anything because they want me one the show which will happen the
same day as hell freezes over... which is never :) Not my thing and
not my style :)

Hope everybody is well, and good times at your Sinister Picnics
around the world.

Gummi

Ps.

Is it not Stuart´s M birthday today?