Sinister: Together Again... for the First Time

Jay Eckard jayeckard at xxx.com
Thu Aug 25 23:12:49 BST 2005

   *waves at everyone

   Hello, there Sinister! This is the third time -- third time! -- that I've
tried to post this. I only hope it goes through this time. I suppose I'm
running on a burst if euphoria at seeing such Hot List Action. Oh yeah. Is
it unreasonable to wonderful posts like Robin Stout's or even to hope to see
posts from other folk, like maybe Markelby C. or even -- gasp! -- Laura
Llew?
    Some people who posted got married. Many, many congrats to them and to
them as can. I can't marry, being A Gentleman Who's Not Good at Sport, but I
have SHACKED UP. As in "Living In Sin", which is pretty ironic, considering
the lives we lead*. But such Shacking Up did lead to an exciting move to the
Big City of New York and my Return to School.** I should probably stop using
Capital Letters to Express Imoprtance, but it's the sort of thing they do in
the sort old plays and books I read a lot these days***. Come to think of
it, many you newer people will be just the same age as the students my
college had foisted me on as a TA. Cripes, some of you might even BE my
students. Wouldn' that be odd? You young one better be nice to your TA just
in case he's me.
   Some people who posted didn't get married. Yay for them. They should all
go out and be as promiscuous as possible. But this being Sinister, they may
be inclined to stay at home in their bed room. But what with the picnics
going around, you can probably go out and fine someone with red underpants
to do that with. But you can probably find something more interesting to do
than sulking if you're in a bedroom with someone in their underpants. Or so
I hear.
    Speaking of picnics, I have to miss the one at the Cloisters. This makes
me very sad as a) I've wanted to go there for ages and b) I'll miss the
other Sinisterines. Maybe on your way there or back  (more likely back) you
can stop in Colombus Circle and visit me!
    Speaking of visits, I hear Eric Cheeseybun is going to the meet-up.
Maybe, if you ask very nicely, he will bring Sebastian,The Hound of (Indie)
Rawk with him. They both need a good airing from time to time, and Sebastian
is very cute.

   *waves

    Bye!

    GayJay

--
"The Posby falls into a Trance
In which it does a little Dance."

"There's more to life than books, you know/
  But not much more..."
                      The Smiths