Sinister: blue knickers, list content and additional de-lurking (hellos to all)

Nik Ovenden nik_ovenden at xxx.com
Mon Aug 29 16:22:32 BST 2005

Gosh, I was such a lurky lurker for the past 4 years
that I honestly didnt realise what had happened to
everybody.  I'll pin my message to the corkboard and
say how great it is to see everyone proving posting is
the new lurking.

So, I have met many Sinister people in the past 4
years; Helen McLean, Jimbo and Terry Boyle in Perth,
Lawrence Mikkelsen in Auckland; also Rachel Fruitloop
in LA.  Thanks to those who accommodate a rogueish
little 18 year old fresh out of school with no money
and not an awful lot of anything else.

Interspersed with these were some ATP rendezvous-es;
Carsmile and a swell fellow this year have excellent
festival taste, I look forward to meeting more
sinister peoples at Camber Sands in the future...

Times have changed, my original listy introducer Viks
is finishing her 4th year at the Slade, UCL.  I'm into
my last year at Edinburgh Uni, having now been here
three years (how many other Edinburghers are here?  Or
do you all go to the Glasgow picnics?) doing Social
Anthropology; my dissertation is in poker, yip de doo.

In the last year I had the pleasure of meeting
Lawrence and his wife Vanessa again, when they toured
the UK, also Krister who visited Edinburgh briefly,
plus on my trip to NYC (as well as other bits of the
USA) i met Martha.  Hello to all there and thereabouts
also!

Ooh, hasn't a lot happened since I last posted.  I
have a confession, the last B&S record I bought was
Storytelling, which i *didn't really* enjoy.  And DCW
is still awaiting a purchase, for shame.  I missed the
picnic action as i was away on a catering job this
weekend, and i left my red underware behind.  So I'm
not doing very well, tut tut.  Happy 8th birthday
(belated), and I'm glad i've been around for 5.5ish of
it, despite my quietness.  You'd never guess i was
quiet by the length of this (email).  Or my
[exceptionally Sinister-ish] smutty sense of humour.

The upshot of being away on that catering job was that
my bed for the weekend was in a house who owned a copy
of TWATTYBUS, so in honour we played it twice on
saturday.

Until maybe the 10th?  Anyone in edinburgh who wants
to meet up for a belated Capital City Pick Nick, I'm
game, anyone I've missed from meetups give me a shout,
anyone i owe CDs to shout louder, hee hee.

Love to all, most of all Honey, who does a tip top
job.
Everyone pull your trousers up now, red knicker day is
over.

Paul McCartney? yep.  the Pope?  possibly.  Sinister
people? maybe not.

Hugs,
Niko
xoox