Sinister: I Thought She Meant Mark E Smith

Krister Bladh kristerbladh at xxx.org
Mon Aug 29 20:10:38 BST 2005

Hello all and happy birthday!

Nice to see a post from Niko... and Astrid! I've been meaning to post myself for some time now, because I have a lot to tell you. I'm happy for all who got to see Jens in Glasgow this weekend, especially Tara, whom I know has been a big fan of him for some time! The swooning is understandable, but as a Swede I'm tragically past that stage: having seen him play for at least seven times now, and over here he's almost becoming a 'mainstream' artist. Not that it’s a bad thing... but I’d rather talk to Momus, or Stevie.

This summer really has been the best ever for me. With so many friends to see and go the beach with, finally holidaying in Scotland, meeting REAL sinistereens, meeting my first girlfriend here in Malmö at Perfect From Now On (great one-day festival that had booked (note: booked) TVPs) – maybe there'll be a little something about that... *hint*... I also went to the Emmaboda festival and saw The Pipettes live and interviewed them! At the festival, I was hanging out with them and my friend (and friend of Pipas') Alice who came all the way from London, as well as Neil who came all the way from Leeds (he was in a 90's twee band called Bouquet – if anyone recalls?). On the last day of the festival we were drinking by a self-made fire in the woods, but sadly those bastard festival guards came and spoiled the fun. They have no decency, these people.

Today was the last day at work for me and on Thursday it's back to uni and art studies for me. That also means back to the student radio! First thing, I'm going to play Pocketbook Angel – in memory of Liz. And of course we'll play the Sinister-connected Tales of Jenny! I just can't BELIEVE Matinée hasn’t signed them yet... They’re one of the best bands I've heard for months! I'm also looking forward to the Pop Revo festival in Denmark in a couple of weeks. It will feature Lovejoy, Louis Phillipe (!), TVPs (as if...), The Clientele, and our own Ian Watson will be playing records. See you there Ian, and anyone else going!

love
chris