Sinister: first post without the word dude in it.

Astrid Wiezell dearpaperclip at xxx.com
Wed Aug 31 11:07:50 BST 2005

hello sinistereens!

i thought i would write a better post than the last one, for it was utter
cack. I was super stressed and just wanted to say, hey, how's it going
bowlies, i live in islington.

and i still do. five days ago i flew from skavsta, which is the horrible
airport from which ryanair have their cheapo flights. as it is ryanair, it
is in the middle of fucking nowhere.

i live in a lovely townhouse of four (and a half, sort of) floors with a
family with a mum, a dad and two kids. a boy turning six, and a girl turning
four. not having had any younger siblings myself, being their au pair is
truly a weird but funny and sometimes distressing experience. they can be so
hiliarious! and horrible! and lovely! it does make me think of all that
stuff though... getting married, and having kids, and that sort of thing.

i have met the most lovely boy ever, and i am so happy he is my boyfriend.
he lives up north, but he is coming down this weekend to stay with me (yay
yay yay!!!) and the weekend after that I will be going up to see his family
for the first time, and the weekend after that he is coming to london for a
week of londony things, all ending with the barbican gig! how good will that
be? it will be brilliant.

i haven't seen b&s live for ages, not since 2002, i think it was.

i had such a b&s-y day a while back. i listened to tigermilk, as i walked
through the lovely park and then over this big bridge to visit my sister's
extra-work workplace, a kindergarten where she used to work fulltime. i hung
out with kids all day, and then as i was going home, i thought "hey, i need
an ice cream!" and went into this video store to get some. and there was
some old man behind the counter, and a guy who was probably around 30, who
had a big bag. he was renting porn dvds. then when i looked closer, as i was
paying for my innocent ice cream he had the whole sports bag filled with
pornos. ew.

that felt very b&s. you think it's all lovely. but it's not. then you laugh
about it and get on with life.

oh crap, i think the kids are in my room. hold on. i'll be right back.

oh, right, they were lurking about, wanting to play my guitar. they LOVE my
guitar. unforunately for them, so do i, so they can only play it sometimes
when i'm around to see them maiming my darling.

oh and i am playing a gig too! on the 24th. at the windmill in brixton. it
has a lot of potential to be shite. but i am playing second, i think, so
it'll be early in the evening. it is however (and this i say with some shame
for promoting the b-word on sinister feels weird) a bowlie all-dayer so if
you want to go, there might be a few tickets left. it costs about £4 i
think, and if you send your full name to alldayer at bowlie.com they will
reserve tickets for you. but a few days ago, it was just under 30 tickets
left. anyways, yeah. i am so nervous about it. i might fuck up a bit. please
don't hate me if i do. there is a good chance i will.

so how do i spend my days? well. usually i will get up really early, i think
my latest start is 8:30 and start minding the kids. take them to a nice park
and play with them (jeez what a workout THAT is) and then come back. usually
have a break for a few hours, then i'll either work between 12:30 and 17:30,
or from 16 or 17 to around 19:30. it is very much alright and ok work, it's
more a matter of learning how to do things.

this weekend, my boyfriend is coming to see me. i canont tell you how much
that means to me.

oh, the kids want the computer now for star wars games. but it's hard to
refuse when the boy goes to his friend william, who is here visiting:

"william, let's go downstairs and pretend we're in space!"

speak to you soon sinister. luv ya.

(hahahaha, i needed to add a chav element to my post, sorry)

love,
Astrid