Sinister: Northern Christmas

Ian Halliday ian.halliday at xxx.com
Tue Dec 20 00:17:15 GMT 2005

Ladies and gentlemen,

Some weeks ago, I was at our local church listening to our music group
singing hymns and spiritual songs, and as I listened, I couldn't help
but think what a fine Christmas album Belle and Sebastian would make
if they put their minds to it.
I've spent the last fifteen years half a world away, where the sun
shines brightly at Christmas and a white Christmas is a preposterous
idea.
So it was that I had missed the joyful session from Peel Acres three
years ago and in fact had no idea that such a thing had ever been -
until this week. I have been fortunate enough to acquire a copy of it,
and it's made me feel quite festive.
Though the year has been a very difficult one, it's good to be here,
and to share a Christmas in the northern hemisphere, where the nights
are cold, dark and long and the lights are bright and cheering.

Ian
--
Ian W Halliday, BA Hons, SA Fin, ATMG, CL
+44 772 546 2965 (GMT)