Sinister: still alive and reading

elle elle_jane1 at xxx.uk
Sun Feb 6 20:43:48 GMT 2005

So, Ken wanted to know where everyone was and so I
thought I'd drop you all a quick line
for the first time in, like, ever. It's a bit scary
now I'm writing, but it was my
New Year Resolution in about 2003, so I've got to
carry on now.

It's amazing what I'll go to to avoid working. I'm
meant to be marking a set of essays
on 'Jaws' but the problem is they are so rubbish. They
are totally ruining the film for
me. The whole point of teaching it in the first place
was I wanted to enjoy myself. I didn't
think about this Bad Part of the whole thing. I might
have to resort to Smarties Marking
(where you put all the essays on the floor and tip a
tube of Smarties over them - the reds
get an A, the yellows a B and so on. THe oranges are
always the lowest because I don't
like orange Smarties). I have a great job.

I've just finished reading a good book, a fast one for
Archel, perhaps: 'The Whole business of
Kiffo and the Bull-Dog' by Barry Jonsberg.

I feel I should include some content but surely it's
enough I'm posting? I'm listening to the
new Mercury Rev CD and it's rather good. I love the
way new albums grow on you (well, me).
I listen to them in the background and slowly, but
surely certain bits grab you and stop you
and you just have to listen to them. My mum's just got
a new car with a CD player (woo!) and
she asked me to make her a B&S CD. That's really sweet
of her, but I sort of don't want to.
She'll want to talk about the tracks and all that. Am
I a Bad Daughter? I might just copy her
the rather fab CD Marisa made me. M, would you mind?

Right, well done if you've got this far. Doubt I would
have.

love,