Sinister: Good Books

davie kerr softbollocks at xxx.com
Wed Feb 16 16:47:14 GMT 2005

HowDo Peeps?

Yup, you guessed, 'tis me, the fella none of you know from the sheer lack of
posts due to the fact that i'm a diffident ginger(well, according to my
friends anyways) fellow. But since i'm bored and extremely restless i
thought i'd drop you all a wee line.

firstly lets get the content outta the way. would any of you fine peeps
happen to know the running order for the bands at this weeks up and coming
tsunami benefit at Glasgows SECC? read in a few articles different commence
times and what not so there's a little confusmentizationism goin' on. really
lookin forward to this benefit gig and the mad dog 20/20 that will accompany
me on the way to the venue. mm mmm mmmmm, mad dog!!!

and on a totally unrelated topic..................i was wondering if anyone
would be able to recommend some truly grim and depressing novels that would
be worth reading? books along the same lines as 'Last Exit to Brooklyn',
'Requiem for a Dream' or similar writers to Hubert Selby Jr. i'm not what
you would call an aavid reader, i think high school put me off reading for
too many years. the fact that you had to read a book every two weeks just
for the sake of reading and then to write a report on the fecker really got
on my nipples.
i'm currently reading 'Shantaram' by Gregory David Roberts and i'm only a
hundred or so pages shy of the end. the book is based on the life of the
author at the time when he was australia's most wanted man after a daylight
break from a maximum security prison. he ends up in bombay living in the
slums and eventually starts working for the mafia doing counterfeiting and
gun running and much more. i'd definitely recommend this to anyone who
enjoys reading or even if you dont you will after this, that i promise!!!!

anyhoos, feel free to email me off list with any suggestions. thanks for
your time and for reading if you managed to get this far.

take it easy

davie

'that's what so illogical about being a smurf, you know. what's the point of
living if you dont have a dick?' - donnie darko