Sinister: Yule made me forget my dreams

ken chu pykachu at xxx.com
Mon Jan 10 11:14:44 GMT 2005

Hello my favourite corn dogs,

How are you doing?  I hope life isn't too unpleasant - although I
can't imagine it'd be too nice having a stick stuck around the region
where your bottom would have been if you had one, but it makes for
convenient consumption, so at least it was for a just cause.

I've watched this one reality TV program the other day, it was called
something like changing spouses or something.  The program itself
wasn't really all that noteworthy, although it did almost make me cry
in the end when I learnt of this dysfunctional family with the dad who
had once walked halfway around the world, during which time his
brother had died back home and he couldn't make it back in time (by
that time he'd walked all the way to Thailand) and as a result of this
he became ultra protective of his children who grew up to be dorks.
It was very emotional.  I can't even remember what I was going to tell
you about this show anymore.

Oh actually I remembered, one of the kids said something "Er.. I
didn't do something cause something or another" and this mother from
another household was like "Don't say Cause - it's not a real word",
which was silly.

What a funny story.

There was this other time I sold this powertool to a second hand shop,
and a few weeks later it was Christmas and my brother gave me the same
powertool as a present.  I know this because one of the cables was
missing.

What a funny story.

Anyway.  Speaking of Christmas, how were your Christmases?  Mine was
okay, the weather was cruel, and although the season of yule warms the
heart, it still hurts.  I still remember last year's super dooper 9
gigs in one night night at the Winchester Club.  That was awesome.

The opening act was particularly good - this dude did an acoustic
guitar cover of The Darkness's (Christmas Time) Don't Let The Bells
End, with Gavin Dunbar from Camera Obscura on the drums.  He did TWO
key changes at the end chorus!  TWO.  He went from A to B to C#!!  It
blew the house down, and everyone had to relocate to the project.

I miss this Winchester Club thing.

If you celebrate Christmas at Old Trafford, would that be a Man U
yule?  Would Shaun Ryder ask "Oi!  Are you Man U yule you?  Are you
Man U you?  Are you Man U?  Are you Man U yule you?"

Happy New Year kids,
Ken