Sinister: A cemetary of Quakers

ken chu pykachu at xxx.com
Thu Jan 20 11:29:49 GMT 2005

Dear Sinistees,

How are things?

I was involved in a traffic accident the other day.

When I phrase it that way maybe it sounded way more serious than it
was.  I mean, I was on a bus, that hit a motorbike.  Actually that's
still pretty bad.. although it happened at around the speed of 2 mph.
For those who aren't very good with speed measurement this is about
the speed of burgers sliding down the chutes from the kitchen at
McDonald's.

See.. I just kind of walked down the stairwell, and heard this CLUNK
sound, and looked to the front and there was this bike that was in
front of the bus, and the rider was banging manically at the
windscreen of the bus, shouting "fuckink hell!" repeatedly.  This is
the worst bit, because this was the point when I started laughing
really hard.  I felt really bad because I really didn't mean to do
this, I didn't think that bikes being hit by busses are funny at all,
however the bike rider had a REALLY SQUEAKY VOICE, in cockney.
"FUCKIN ELL!" he shouted, desperately, "ARRRRGH!" "REVERSE THE BUS!!!"
"WAIT WAIT DON'T REVERSE!!  ARRRRGH ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH".  Those were his
exact words, with those exact number of letter Rs.

I had to get off the bus soon after.  When I looked back they both
seemed okay, but his bike was a bit scratched cos bits of it got
trapped with the bus's bodywork.  And I imagined that this bike may
have been fairly new, and I thought about how sad I would be if my new
bike got scratched by a bus, and some guy on the bus laughed at my
squeaky cockney voice.

This was when I vowed to never own a brand new bike, or to ever talk
in a squeaky, cockney voice.

--

So speaking of pwning, and thus the pwning pre-pwned items.  I had a
look at the eBay thing and I couldn't figure out how to look at those

However, I manage to find some older items through the feedbacks, and
I just cannot believe that the Dido RARE Demo Tape only went for
£8.03!???!!!?  Eight Pounds and Three Pence.  I'm outraged.

--

Krister Bladh wrote:

> Btw, don't you find it strange that nowadays Struan's so 'busy' he
> doesn't even have time to talk to people like you or me? How busy can
> you be when you don't have to get up at 6 am to go to work?

Is Sturan really too busy to speak to us now??  Wait.. Is this true?
I just went to the Diary thing on the B+S website and I end up reading
about how Stuart sometimes thinks about Beans when he's naked in the
shower, and now I wish he's more busy so that such information isn't
quite so regularly disclosed..  I don't remember there being any more
or less communications than in the past... maybe he thinks about us
when he's in the nude too you know.

I'm not one to talk about being busy of course I mean I get up at
8:40am to go to work.. And I'm sending emails to the internet just
now..

--

I'm sorry if I got you guys all worried when I said I was in a traffic
accident.  There WAS that time when I got knocked down by a

And also the story of me singing a really really bad rendition of The
Final Countdown in front of 400 people and not hitting a singing note,
too.  Anyways.

Drive safe, guys, never stop.
Ken