Sinister: elvis on the radio, steel guitar in my soul

Dirty Vicar dirtyvicar at xxx.net
Sun Jan 23 23:43:26 GMT 2005

Last night I saw The Clonefox. I was at this charidee event for people who
had been washed away by the big wave. Your old friend Paula Cullen Booze
Explosion's band The Chalets were playing, my main reason for going, even if
I am not convinced by their new 80s Slapper makeover. Still and all, they
played an impressively rocktastic set.

There were other bands on the bill, and one of them was The Clonefox. This
was not actually the name he went under, but he looked and dressed so like
The Truefox that I was wondering if maybe he had flown over to Ireland to
help raise money for victims of the big wave. Then I realised that this
could not actually be the case - for he was using a laptop to assist in the
creation of his sweet music. So he must be some local fellow. His name
turned out to actually be Joe Chester. I was interested enough by his music
to now mind seeing him again in the future, so maybe you too might like to
check him out, if you are local.

The other band I saw did not have current or former member of this mailing
list in their line-up, or a clone of one, but they were called 8-Ball and
proved yet again that the days of shoegazing have started to come back. This
is a good thing.

Meanwhile, my fair consort and I have spotted a shared gap in our busy
schedules - the first weekend in February. We are thinking of making a
flying visit to somewhere exciting... Cork or Glasgow, I reckon. Watch out
if you live in either of those towns.

And finally, those of you who are still waiting for a christmas present from
me (you don't know who you are) will be pleased to learn that I have finally
put my stereo system back together, so a lovingly crafted c-90 compilation
tape could soon be coming your way.

bless you all,

DV