Sinister: Tobler done rone again

kenneth.chu at xxx.uk kenneth.chu at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 27 15:36:44 GMT 2005

A-ha!!

How's it going children?  So, we've all survived the official most miserable
day of the year without too many scrapes, I hope.  It couldn't have been
that miserable, really, though, because the news was covering this piece of
news all day and so there can't be that much suffering going on in the world
or silly young men wearing inappropriate clothings to parties just now.

So how are all of you guys?  Were you miserable in January?  Are you happy?
Is February going to bring some much needed joy?  February is a strange
month for me, the tiresome twilight of Winter mixed with the anticipation of
March and the brighter evenings.  Like the final mile of a marathon, you're
tired, in your head you can already feel the jubilation of finishing the
race, but you still have that final mile to run.

I have started going to the gym lately, it was something that I thought a
couple of years back I would never do.  Just because it looked so boring.
And my God!  It was very boring.  The first time I went I got on the
treadmill and I was like, damn, people pay money to do this???

And then I remembered I had the iPod and suddenly hey yeahhh!!  I put on
loneliness of the middle distance runner and then time just flies by, I've
set the thing to play just all B+S songs and I think I got through 4 songs,
and then to the cycling machine, I was really tired by the end of a couple
of goes but thought, okay, one last song and I'll stop.

And it was Paranoid Android by Radiohead!!!  It was like 7 minutes long!!
If I didn't have music playing, or hadn't swigged a quarter of a bottle of
whiskey in the locker room, I wouldn't have made it, but now I have to carry
on until the end of the song.  It was Painful!!

I mean, it's painful enough without Thom Yorke wailing about The Squealing!!
The Panic!! The Vomit!!!!  The whiskey was really working hard by then.  But
then the guitar bit came and I knew there was only 30 seconds more to go,
and if Johnny Greenwood can make 6 little strings make crazy noises for 30
seconds I can at least push a two little pedals round and round to make the
distance LED thing go from 4.5 to 4.6!

And in the end I made it.  And now my thigh muscles are tremendous.

Tired now x
Ken
P.S. Congratulations to Belle and Sebastian for being voted as the Best
Scottish Band of all time!  I can't believe however that the Sensational
Alex Harvey Band made it to 5th, and Texas are only the 11th.

This email is confidential and intended solely for the person or entity to whom it is addressed.  If this email was not intended for you please notify the UCLH Mail Administrator at mail.administrator at uclh.org.
This footnote confirms that the email and attachments contained no viruses when they left UCLH.