Sinister: the sarah jukebox

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Mon Jan 31 15:45:53 GMT 2005

hello sinister!

it's been a time. just listening to the electronic bright eyes album and i'm
wondering, wondering....why? not why he's recorded it, that makes sense
enough - a different kind of artistic expression, broadening his boundaries
and all. but more, why? why don't i like it? as much as i like the acoustic
record, which is just stunning. it really is. rush rush.

anyway, hope you'll forgive me a moment of self-wibbling. i'm doing a one
off HDIF night this thursday and it would be wonderful if you could come
along.

here's the blurb:

just a quick note to say that this thursday feb 3rd we're having a one off
HDIF in central london to try out a new venue - the phoenix, cavendish
square, which is a great basement bar with a capacity of 230. this is
strictly a one off, to see if we like the feel of the place. the HDIF in
march will be back at the buffalo bar as usual.

the evening will start a little earlier than usual - 8pm until 2am - just in
case people have to get home early as it's a school night, and will include
a special one off feature - the Sarah Jukebox. this will run from 8pm until
our guest dj, dickon edwards from fosca, starts his set at 10.30.

here's how it will work. last week i bought 60 sarah singles for an
undisclosed but hefty sum. these singles in fact - 1, 6-31, 33-49, 51-54,
56-62, 64, 68, 73, 86 ,91. so, in order to make back some of the cash i'm
having to shell out...i mean, celebrate the glorious back catalogue of one
of our favourite labels, i'll be running the Sarah Jukebox in the first part
of the evening. you'll be able to come up and - for a nominal fee, say 50p -
be able to select any of the above, a or b side for me to play immediately.
i'll have no choice in the matter. whatever you choose i'll play. and
between your requests, i'll be spinning my own records as usual.

the details then:
How Does It Feel To Be Loved?
Thursday February 3rd
The Phoenix, Cavendish Square, W1, three minutes walk from Oxford Circus
tube
8pm - 2am, £3 members, £5 non members, membership is free just email
membership at howdoesitfeel.co.uk
Guest DJ: Dickon Edwards (Fosca)
Also starring: The Sarah Jukebox from 8pm until 10.30pm

more info at http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk

and the blurb endeth.

well, that's about it. thank you. hope all is well in your world and you're
making more sense of it all than i am.

maybe i just don't like depeche mode that much. that might be it.