Sinister: Archives, photos offline

honey at xxx.org honey at xxx.org
Wed Jul 13 19:21:59 BST 2005

Just a short line to say that it appears that members of the UK press
are using the list archives to profit from tragedy, and so I've taken
the measure of taking archives, photos etc. offline for now.  I'm sorry
about this to list members, but I won't have them using your content
to make money from recent events.  They'll be back soon when they no
longer present an opportunity to generate revenue for the press.

I'm aware there may be other ways of accessing some of this, but please
don't discuss this on the list - but feel free to contact me
privately if you need to.  The list of course remains open - please
feel free to post.  Your mails have really touched me and I'm sure
others.

If anyone from the press is actually reading this, can I remind them
please that it's clearly stated on the website that content of posts
remain the copyright of originators of those mails, as do photos,
etc., and you're not permitted to use them without asking.

Honey