Sinister: Wear your silver shorts today / And I won't go away

David Moore david.moore99 at xxx.com
Thu Jun 2 21:19:58 BST 2005

Hi All,

Bit late to tell people on here now, but just in case you don't know,
there's an auction at e-bay
 http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZcmaclaverty at which you could get hold
of Struan's silver trews! Or his Dennis The Menace & Gnasher t-shirt, as
worn on Top Of The Pops! (Sure beats breaking into his flat to nick his
clothes.) Or even a signed original copy of Tigermilk!

Proceeds are all in a vital cause, research into understanding more about
ME. All of you on this list know at least 3 people who are or who have
suffered from it, so why not get involved?

If you want to contribute or learn more, here are some links posted in
another place by the organiser of the auction, Ciara (you know, the IYFS
cover star) - I hope she doesn't mind me copying them here:

"If you want to donate to the gene research study directly you would just
send a cheque to Dr Gow, dept of neurology, Southern General Hospitals, 1345
Govan Rd, Glasgow, G51 4TF and mark it 'for ME gene research study'.

Another great charity interested in the right kind of biomedical research is
MERGE. You can find case histories and sufferers stories. They take online
donations

http://www.meresearch.org.uk/index.html

If you want to read my story in more detail (photo too!) here's an article I
wrote a couple of years back. Thankfully I have improved slightly since
then.

http://www.cfids-cab.org/MESA/adv7.html

As some of you know, I met Stuart in 1991 when he himself was ill with a
long term post viral condition. ME can be a spectrum and some people are
more severly affected. Stuart would readily admit that my illness was more
debilitating than his, but he did have to pace himself and he felt 'flu
like' for many years before recovering. Even now, he has to be careful about
getting a healthy diet and enough rest. We did a 'best friends' article for
one of the Scottish newspapers telling the story of how we became friends
when we were both outsiders through illness. It didn't appear on line but I
could post the text sometime (?)"

An article about the dire need for cash to fund this research
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5039240.html

The revered name of papercuts appears again on Sinister, but sadly here
http://www.papercuts.co.uk/cfs/intro.htm to outline the ME experiences of
Sinister Old Boy Caleb Rudd.

Yet another post from me in which I just copy & paste from elsewhere. My
lack of originality laid bare once more. Hey ho.

Love,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK