Sinister: Eleanor Rigby

Bruno Gomes pdlngsp at xxx.pt
Wed Jun 8 18:08:51 BST 2005

Hi all,

About these words by our listmum:

> Some of you will know that my disappearance from public Sinister life
> is largely due to the very same illness mentioned below: M.E. (some
> of you in other parts of the world will see this called CFS, Chronic
> Fatigue Syndrome, CFIDS and other terms).  I've had the illness 12
> years now, and its severity has worsened a lot in the last year: I'm
> housebound currently except for doctor visits, and mostly bedbound.
> I hope some if this explains my disappearance, although I try to keep
> the mailing list levers running in the background, as well as I can.
> It may not be forever (the archives may be in trouble at some point,
> but I'll try and let you know) but you're all quieter and very
> well-behaved these days anyway.

Is this the same ME that plays a center role in Douglas Coupland's "Eleanor
Rigby"?

In other news...

Imagine a scenario in which all of the bands below are playing in the same
summer festival, on 3 different days

Athlete; Basement Jaxx; Devendra Banhart; Fatboy Slim; Groundation; Josh
Rouse; Kasabian; LCD Soundsystem; Morgan Heritage; Oasis; Seed; The
(International) Noise Conspirancy; The Kills; Underworld

What would be the odds of the organizers being so crappy that DB and JR
would be peforming on different days? Yes, all the bands have their own
schedules and bla bla bla, but c'mon, this is what they arranged for day 2:
Basement Jaxx; Josh Rouse; Underworld; Seed; Fatboy Slim

Hardly a surprise, though, cos this is the same festival where B&S played
next to Rinocerose... way to go!!!!

(and who the hell are Groundation, Morgan Heritage, and Seed, anyway?)

And that's that for now, back to lurkerdom (and sorry for the lame post!)