Sinister: oh, but California....Caaaaaaaaaaaaalifornia, I'm coming [there]

marisa stroud charismarisa at xxx.ca
Wed Jun 29 17:48:53 BST 2005

You really should be nice to stupid people.

Obviously, not the stupid people who *think* they're
smart when really they're stupid, cause they're just
annoying. I'm talking about the truly stupid who do
stupid things all the time and get themselves into
horrible frustrated screaming-inducing situations ALL
THE TIME. This unfortunate segment of society gets
tired very easily, because it's exhausting to
constantly do things wrong that would have been just
peachy if only their brains weren't so crap.

So, where did this outpouring of sentiment come from,
you might ask?

Well, although it's not nearly as serious and worthy
as ME/CFS, it's still an affliction that affects me in
a very painful and personal way.

Hi, everyone. My name is marisa, and I am stupid on
purpose. It's been four days since my last stupid
mistake (thinking I could move a tree in a pot on my
own, and ultimatly dragging it over my foot, catching
and ripping my left big toenail, thus giving myself
serious uglyfoot for TWO HEMISPHERES WORTH OF SUMMER).
My biggest recent mistake concerns airline tickets.

*collective groan. here at this support group, we've
all been there. air travel is the least forgiving of
all*

About a week ago, I booked my flight from Toronto to
Melbourne for early September. No problem there. The
thing is...there are four flights per day going to LAX
to catch the only daily flight to Melbourne...and for
some reason not relating to anything but stupidity, I
booked the first early morning flight out of Tdot.

*gasp!*

Yes, I will be leaving my house for YYZ at about 4 am
in order to arrive in LA bright and early at 10 in the
morning so that I'll have looooooooooooooooooots of
time to catch my connecting flight to Melbourne.

Which leaves at 11 pm.

*disbelieving yet sympathetic groans and
exclaimations*

The only thing I could do to get out of it is to
cancel my ticket ($500) and get a new one for the
latest flight out of Toronto ($1000), which is way too
much money to spend for being stupid. So, Hollywood
here I come!

(I think...is Hollywood in LA? Does it even really
exist? These are not things I know, most likely due to
my extreme stupidity)

So...Sinister.

Sinister my friends!!

um...

What does one do in LA for 10 hours?

Keep in mind I am
a) Poor (so no Rodeo Drive)
b) Over 100lbs (so no beach)
c) Not Lame (so no tours of the stars' homes), and
d) Friendless, LA-wise (so no meeting for cocktails)

The worst of it is, it's a Tuesday. So I'm not begging
people to take the day off work to squire me around or
anything, just for some suggestions. Hey, if you work
somewhere cool, give me directions and maybe I'll come
bug you. Or something. Please, I'm grasping at straws
here.

After about an hour and a half of wishing I was Edward
Norton in Fight Club so I could beat the shit out of
myself, I have decided that I will use these lemons
to...well, I guess I'm not expecting lemonade, but I'd
like to do something other than rub the juice into my
wounds, if possible.

And if anyone finds themselves in Toronto (before Sept
6) or Melbourne (after Sept 8), let me know and I'll
build up/pay back some stranded karma. The Green Room?
Is awesome. And I'll take you to Soundscapes and
Rotate This. That's...uh...that's all I know. Yes.

Thank you, my chickens/ducks/other assorted barnyard
animals. Please help me not wander into CrackLand.
Sure, I'm from Toronto, but here even the bums say
'please' and 'thank you'. No joke.

with love and residual shaking frustration,
marisa