Sinister: DJ Johnny Royale spins Brit power-pop - Saturday, March 5, 11:55pm

John Wojcik johnnythreeb at xxx.com
Sat Mar 5 23:51:37 GMT 2005

DJ Johnny Royale spins Brit Pop at the Lucky Cat.
Saturday, March 5, 11:55pm.

Im going to try to do a power pop show. Mighty Lemon
Drops, old Soup Dragons, Woodentops, The Smiths –
London, Belle and Sebastian – Legal Man, etc.

The Lucky Cat • 245 Grand Street • Williamsburg •
Brooklyn

http://www.theluckycat.com/

You might say I'm limiting myself. How can anyone come
up with enough power pop with enough variation to make
a mixed tape, let alone keep a crowd interested for a
few hours? Admittedly, it wont be easy.

Its these limits that spur creativity. With poetry,
rhyme and meter are constraints that help focus
thinking, and bring the mind to places which, without
these self imposed limitations, would not normally be
reached. You will never find the word orange at the
end of a line in a sonnet, sadly.

Tonight's limits are sound, genre, and the owner, as I
probably wont get to play at the lucky cat again if I
play reggae.

And I'm going to play the Fall, cause they are really
good.

John

=====
John Wojcik
johnnythreeb at yahoo.com
"I think it only makes sense to seek out and identify structures of authority, hierarchy, and domination in every aspect of life, and to challenge them; unless a justification for them can be given, they are illegitimate, and should be dismantled, to increase the
scope of human freedom."

--Noam Chmosky