Sinister: The book of Stanley Creep

s.santabarbara at xxx.uk s.santabarbara at xxx.uk
Mon Mar 7 08:46:00 GMT 2005

My Dear Sinister

[Home sweet home]
I rarely desired to get back to my place and have a bit of rest as after a
prolonged pilgrimage around Eupore, at a certain point I wasn’t even sure were
I was (I’m never sure who I am, so that’s not that disconcerting) and were I
was going to be the next week
 a bit like one of the ball in the lotto machine

the 53, or whatever came out on the Venice board and the Italian Republic god
knows how managed not to declare bankruptcy
 well, I haven’t won by the way, I
stop to play lottery quite a while ago, even though I’m positive I’ll become
millionaire via drug smuggling, that is why I still am in science. Yes, we have
lot of fun, testing substances.
However

	[Pecksniff, The Book of Stanley Creep]
	Before getting back to England and entering a flu-infested exile, I had the
fortune to see a gig by this Italian band, called Pecksniff. I knew for a while
they were labelled as the Italian B&S. In fact they are better than that. is not
that they are better than B&S, but being the Italian or ‘xan’ whatever looks to
me as pretty good cover band, which eventually find some good new titles for
someone else’s tracks
 well, I’m glad that Pecksniff are not the Italian B&S
but have plenty of interesting similarities. Their new album the book of
Stanley Creep is indeed very good and the life was as funny as enjoyable. The
fact they manage to write the songs around child instrument is in itself rather
interesting but the whole thing is absolutely well done, and if it weren’t I
wasn’t drunk enough I would have dance along on my own
 actually I don’t know
precisely how I contained myself as me feet are still a bit hitching.

	[Mr 60, Mista Sixa From Outta Space]
	They were supporting Pecksniff, well supporting when your playing in front of
thirty people there is nothing like supporting, is pretty much playing with.
Other surprise.
Might be not that innocent, and not that much funny, but equally enjoyable. I’m
rubbish at writing reviews for anything in general, so I’d better shut up, but
is quite rare that I go to a gig, especially of Italian band and get surprised
by how good they are, in fact in general is the opposite
 bless them then.

	[ATP vs. Slint vs. Mogwai]
	I have been to SLINT organised ATP. I have to admit I am quite deluded by most
of the bands. Mogwai were great as usual, they played a couple of new songs,
the first one definitely rocked, while the other were pretty much anonymous,
Like Herod at the end was fairly noisy
 in fact all the set were fairly noise,
as it should be. I was quite surprised by how good Melvins still are. Last time
I heard them live they were supporting nirvana and more or less I was at high
school
 oh my
 Slint were fabulous and as one guy shouted, I can’t believe I’m
seeing Slint
 I almost can’t believe it either, although I’ve seen them a again
a couple of days later in Lundun, in company of Jim purpletrousers and they even
play a better gig
 although the fact of seeing them for the fist time was
unbeatable, when you’ve been waiting or such a long time. Now I really hope
they won’t do another record or anything like that
. other band, mighty
flashlight were quite funny
 especially the guy who turned out completely
plastered 5 minutes later and pay different songs compared to the rest of the
band for the whole gig: mentalist.  White magic were also rather good. On most
of  the other bands
 I prefer not to comment
. Mhmh
 that bad? worst

	[Flu vs Cold vs TBC]
	After an heroic battle against any sort of lung disease to see Slint on
Thursday, I am not the kind of heroic chap, and particularly I am not against
any kind of disease, in fact I am rather weak indeed, I had no other option
that spend the rest of the week in bed
 so I have finally noticed that, one my
flat mate has left the place and the other is on holiday. That meant I have
been the only human being around the place for the whole week, and god knows
how long, unless I find a new flatmate as I should. Last time the house was
this empty, I had a flu: that makes it recursive. And it was snowing as well:
that makes it even more recursive. Good news, for me, is that I’ve quit
smoking. That I had started, seriously, when I was home alone, still believing
I could get my life back on track, trying to cure a flu, which might not have
been wise. In fact is not and I am not a wise human being. New step is the
sanatorium: ah, the fresh breath of the countryside. (Joanh, I’m not that
serious, I’m actually fine. Now
 )

	[Primavera festival]
	Is anyone interested? It seems quite nice
 and finally in a warm location!
	http://www.primaverasound.com

Take care
Stephanowic