Sinister: Aye Write! and the First Post Nerves

Hugo Johan <12813249 at xxx.za> Hugo Johan <12813249 at xxx.za>
Fri Mar 11 11:14:34 GMT 2005

dear sinister
hello cuddlebuns! how are you all? for most of you spring must be almost sprung: come out and play children! the sun will always shine again!
(to those still feeling a little under the weather - extra sunshine from me to you!)
here it's moving into autumn, which is my absolutest favouritest season (all blue skies but chilly goodness in the air, with just a hint of melancholia... tailor-made for me, that is!)

just wanted to say "hi" to strella really, which i could have done off-list i suppose, but wasn't that just such lovely nuggety feedback-goodness? one of the things i love you all for so much! and - as usual - admiration mixed in with a faint undertone of envy... thanks for sharing some of the perfection with me (us) though!

it's turned into one of those weeks where "i'm half in love with every girl i see"... which is to say fully in love with life i suppose. cruch-weather too - and i've forgotten the value of a good "nothing will come of it and i don't really want to either" crush (though i might have bored you with this sortof thing before?) anyway, it's good to know they're out there - these people that you dream about: sometimes its nice to dream that you're a man, because for a moment you can believe that you're a beautiful beautiful butterfly... though to be honest, if i am, i'm still very much stuck in a nondescript cocoon...
but things are happening - i can feel it, a vague something in the air, a quickening...

but i'm waffling. i'm very excited about the singles compilation jeepster is putting out - especially since i've given some of my ep's away, and i miss them so much! and having them all in a single "never-have-to-change-the-disc" feeding frenzy... sounds great. just a pity it doesn't seem as if they're including the peel sessions, which i really really want to get my grubby paws on... especially since i fell in love with miraculous technique (thanks anna!... are you still here dear?)
and i think it all adds up to both the greatest "lost" album of the '90's, as well as the perfect intro to b&s - let the evangelisation begin, i say!

thanks for sticking with me (if you have! if not: i can understand why!)

lots of lovely love to all!

JohaN