Sinister: artistic license

idles idleberry at xxx.uk
Thu Mar 17 23:10:29 GMT 2005

It's a while since I wrote to Sinister. I guess I've fallen out of habit,
gradually and steadily. I've fallen into different habits, different
thoughts, different ideas. But I still have a little place for Sinister.

I've been working on a little side-project. The sort of little side-project
that you don't put a lot of effort into, because really, there's already so
much resources there, all you need to do is a cut'n'paste and a bit of
stapling together. All you know, is that it'll be there for your own
devices, whatever those devices may be, and hell, if anyone else benefits
from it, so much the better.

The little project, resulted in me asking a friend to do an illustration for
me. It's a fact, that I gave up my career as an artist, at the age of 8,
when a girl in my class drew a picture of a cat, for a school frieze, which
was "apparently" better than mine. Hers was a white cat with black splodges,
based on her own pet cat. Mine, was a deluxe tabby. I still don't see how
her cat drawing was better. Her cat was fatter, certainly. Mine? Much more
sleek and feline. Anyway, back to the present. My friend, this girl who
draws fantastic illustrations. She's got a real flair for it, although she
plays it down. She plays down all her talents, far too much. She's a lot
more mysterious in that sense than I am. You know, if I had a talent at all,
I'd be singing about it (if singing were one of my talents) from the
rooftops. Hell, I sing about the things I can do, even if I'm not very good
at them, anyway.

It reminded me of Ulla's artwork, and I showed her some pieces that Ulla has
done. I showed her Ulla's blog, and then the Sillustrations. And that took
me, naturally, back to the one that was done of me by Vu Sleeper. I'm proud
that number 61, is based on an old post.

And that got me reading my old post again. And so that made me want to post
again.

I guess that explains it. If you want content... well.... drop me an email
and I'll tell you something B&S related. I'm not going to say it on here, I
feel far too self-conscious. It's nothing bad, or juicy, it's just...
something. I thought it was interesting at any rate. If someone emails me,
and I tell them, then they can share it with you and not tell you this was
what I didn't want to tell you, they can just tell you, like it's their own
news. You follow?

Take care

love

idles