Sinister: Scotland Ho!

Lawrence Mikkelsen lawrencemikkelsen at xxx.com
Mon May 9 10:47:06 BST 2005

Hello Sinister-inos.

It's been a long time since I've posted, although older members may
remember me as someone who used to post frequently circa '99/'00/'01,
and then as someone who got married, and suddenly had his days filled
with domestic chores. Anyway, I'm still here, lurking away behind my
lovely little PowerBook, still listening to B&S most of the time, and
stiull reading all your posts, and lamenting that you don;t all post
as much as ou used to.

Anyway, my motive for posting is that Vanessa (for it is she, my wife,
of whom I spoke earlier) and I are leaving these fair shores of New
Zealand for 5 weeks, and visiting Croatia, Denmark and the UK. We've
just booked flight to Scotland, from Friday June 3rd to Sunday June
5th. Thusly, I'd like some information.

Firstly, does anyone have any suggestions as to a cheap-ish place to
stay in either Edinburgh or Glasgow? (We're flying into one, and out
of the other, so either place is fine, although Glasgow obviously has
more interesting pop connotations for me.) Information on this matter
would be _really_ appreciated.

Secondly, any suggestions for any indie pop (ie. B&S< Postcad, Orange
Juice etc.) landmarks worth seeing?

Thirdly, where are the good indie record stores in either city.

Finally, any Sinist*r-folk who remember me, and feel the urge to catch
up for a wee drink or a coffee or something, drop me a line off-list
... I'll be in Londdon for about two and a hlaf weeks.

Love

Lawrence
(Flying the Sinist*r flag in New Zealand since 1999)