Sinister: Cut some rug within perspiring distance of B&S....

Jim Muir Slideshow tomorrowsworldstudios at xxx.uk
Thu Nov 24 19:36:30 GMT 2005

Hey there
  Thought you lovely folk might appreciate the chance
to cut some rug within perspiring distance of members
of Belle and Sebastian. I was lucky enough to cavort
around to the discs spun by Stuart Murdoch at How Does
it Feel in London last year. It was really nice to
interact in a "normal" way with someone who has always
been an inspiration. He even reacted with gentle good
humour when I asked him in a comedy fashion about some
lyrics I had misinterpreted for years (I now realise
it is "Old Compton" a street in London mentioned in
the Boy with the Arab Strap and not "Contin" a little
known village in Scotland. Hey-ho
) Anyway, I
digress
members of Belle & Sebastian will be DJ-ing on
Friday 25th November @ 9pm, the Mint Lounge,
Manchester.
There is also a B&S night @ Smile, the Star & Garter,
Manchester on Saturday 26th November for all those
fortunate enough to reside in Lancashire.
  Mr Murdoch was also kind enough to listen to my
shamelessly B&S inspired music released under the
moniker of the Jim Muir Slideshow. The Guardian gave
us single of the week and said it "Comes from that
great Cocker/Weller/Morrissey tradition of kitchen
sink dramas set to fantastic tunes." You can listen
and download the EP for free at the following link

http://www.myspace.com/jimmuirslideshow

I'd be delighted to know people's thoughts on my
blatant plagiary! Please mail me your learned thoughts
off the list.
You all take care & have a great weekend whatever you
get up to
Jim

www.jimmuirslideshow.com