Sinister: Belle and Sebastians Art/Gig Posters

therach at xxx.com therach at xxx.com
Fri Nov 25 15:45:24 GMT 2005

This is my first post in maybe....6 years? It is only a matter I thought might
be of some interest to members of the list that pulled me out of my lurking
status. It is almost impossible to find B & S gigposters, as it seems in the UK
they are not as popular or profitable for the artists (see gigposters.com if you
are curious) and in the U.S. they play often in festivals so the posters are not
just B & S posters, but posters for the entire festival itself(like Coachella).
My fiance makes gigposters freelance and while I wish I could say he had done
the lovely Belle and Sebastian one currently available- it is not so. The artist
name is Michael Michael Motorcycle. His work is all self done, start to finish
(including the screenprinting, etc. This was a rather limited run of posters
(several hundred) and if you go to his website you will see how lovely his work
is. We had the good fortune to be located across the row from him and his
beautiful wife and faithful dog this summer at Flatstock/Bumbershoot in Seattle
and they are some of the nicest and most talented people I have ever had the
pleasure of meeting. We have even asked them to do our wedding announcements (if
we ever figure out when we are actually going to do this marriage thing).
Anyway...I am running on. Right now the prints are I think 100 dollars US, the
price will go up when he gets to the posters numbered 100 and below.  I am not
sure how many of you would be interested but I was when I found out in August he
was going to do a poster for them and have been waiting ever since...
his url is:

http://www.michaelmichaelmotorcycle.com/

Yours,
Rachel E.