Sinister: How many copies?

Geoff Sheridan geoff_sheridan at xxx.uk
Wed Nov 30 14:25:08 GMT 2005

B&S content, from: http://www.rockontop.com/
(sorry about the CAPS, HMMMM.... unless you're
GHD)

LOOPER MAKE A LIVING OUT OF A PHOTOCOPIER TV AD

STUART DAVID, FORMERLY OF BELLE AND SEBASTIAN AND
CURRENTLY OF LOOPER, HAS RAKED IN £500,000 IN
ROYALTIES FROM SELLING HIS SONG 'MONDO 77' TO
XEROX FOR USE IN AN ADVERT.
"WE DON'T SELL ANY RECORDS ANY MORE," SAID DAVID.
"I AM PLEASED THAT LOOPER DIDN'T TAKE OFF IN A
BIG WAY - IT'S NOT GOOD FOR YOU IN THE LONG RUN,
I DON'T THINK."
"I CAN ONLY THINK OF TWO OR THREE FANS WE'VE EVER
HEARD FROM OFF THE BACK OF THE XEROX AD. I THINK
PEOPLE WHO HEAR IT ON THE AD HAVE LESS
OPPORTUNITY TO FIND OUT WHAT IT IS."
WHAT'S MORE, THE BAND HAVE BEEN ABLE TO LIVE ON
THE PROCEEDS OF THE SONG FOR THE LAST FIVE YEARS.
FANTASTIC NEWS. MAYBE NOW WE KNOW WHY HE LEFT
B&S. TO TOP THAT OFF, LOOPER ARE CURRENTLY
WORKING ON AN ALBUM WHICH FANS WILL BE ABLE TO
DOWNLOAD FROM THEIR WEBSITE FOR FREE.