Sinister: A dreamy squidge

mummy i've grazed my knee clj106york at xxx.uk
Sat Oct 8 22:11:30 BST 2005

Hello kids and boys,

Well, nobody has posted for a little bit - or if they
have it's got stuck in the technological goings on up
at Honey's house.

I am smiling this evening, so I thought "hey, lets
send something to all those lovely folks that enjoy
smiling too". I will try and make it a content based
ramble because it's quite hard to send a grin through
an e-mail.

SINISTER IN LONDON

I couldn't go - I was supposed to but some ticket
muddle ups thwarted all my plans. I'd even taken
Monday off work and looked on the old ebay, but
couldn't afford a gazillion pounds for a ticket.

I hope you all had a lovely time - i downloaded the
Mp3's that Astrid mentioned. HOW AMAZING IS ANOTHER
SUNNY DAY!!!!!!
It's restored my faith after all that funy business
with frogs and potatoes. A real return to form.
And Electronic Renaissance live! I think I am allowed
to come out of the B&S closet now and say that it's
one of my top 5 songs - I really really love it. So
quintessentially B&S, but with a drum machine and
bleeps and squeeks and stuff.

BOOK

I am seriously underead. I don't mean by palmists and
stuff, but books. I don't read enough. I have read
three so far this year, a lovely one by Andrew Collins
off the telly about being a student in the 80's,
Chicken Licken (about a chicken - I won't spoil the
story for those who haven't read it) and that Modern
Rock Story lark about our favourite Enid Blyton
characters.

Well, I learnt all kinds of things, like Stuart
David's name isn't Stuart David! How crazy is that!
Maybe everyone else knew, but it was a proper piece of
tabloid goss for me - that book's like the indie
Hello! I really liked it. There were some odd errors,
inconsistencies and non sequiturs but by and large
excellent, A+.

Biographies are an odd one because in order to have
enough material to make it interesting you have to be
some kind of obsessive stalker, and if you are just an
ordinary Joe, then you aren't going to have anything
to write about. Only weirdos should be able to write
good biographies, but Paul Whitlow seemed to have
plenty of content without losing perspective. Very
nice.

MORE CONTENT - STOPPING WARS

Well, this is a content fest isn't it. Three topics in
a row. On the Saturday before the Sinister show, I
listened to B&S live on BBC News 24! I was watching it
mid afternoon and they went over to the anti war demo
where the reporter said "Belle & Sebastian are now
entertaining the crowds" and while he interviewed that
strange Bianca Jagger, I listened to TWATTYBUS live on
the BBC.

MARRIAGE

I'm not getting married. Maybe later, but not now

ITV3

Is now showing The Darling Buds Of May again. I think
it's the most heart warming TV series ever made. just
rural loveliness through and through. We should all
strive to live our lives more like the Larkins and
less like...um...the Garnett's, or Jordan and Peter
Andre who clutter up BBC3.

Also, does anyone remember the Look & Read BBC
educational programmes we got shown in school? We used
to have a spelling test on Friday morning at Robert
Hitcham Primary School before going to watch the TV at
9:50 - (they had the spinning logos and funky schools
music and all) - Badger Girl and Geordie Racer (with
Kevin Whately) super duper lovely stuff.

Apologies to any overseas sinisterettes for whom the
concepts of ITV3 and Geordie Racer will be somewhat
alien. For the former, this is not entirely a bad
thing.

DANCING

Ken is DJing. I am too - not with Ken though
unfortunately.

If any of you are around York on Wed Nov 2nd I have a
club night at City Screen - www.icouldbedreaming.co.uk
The more astute amongst you will notice that I stole
the name from a song by some band.

BYE BYE

Well, time is running on and I need a walk. I am
becoming more like a dog as I grow old.
Tomorrow is my 5th anniversary of moving away from
home to York. I think I'll ride my bike to celebrate.

See you soon lovely people,

Chris Jones.